I love me some good boots, and quality footwear is important for any outdoor activity. I’ve recently had the opportunity to try some new boots from Danner, and they’ve really impressed me.
The model is Vital, and I’ve been using these boots heavily for the past six months. Danner’s PR material for this model says, “Lightweight and fast, the Vital is a versatile staple for the agile hunter.”
I can’t say I’m all that agile these days, but I have used these boots for everything from walking wooded properties to clearing and building fencelines through the woods to moving and loading furniture to hunting in the rain for days on end, and they have yet to disappoint me. That’s saying a lot, because I’m notoriously demanding and selective, especially when it comes to reviews… and for once, I have nothing to complain about.
These boots are available with or without insulation; mine are style 41550, which are not insulated. Here’s some info from Danner:
- Abrasion-Resistant Leather & Textile Upper: A specialized process is used to impregnate split leather with polyurethane to create an exceptionally durable and abrasion resistant leather. We’ve paired the leather with 900 denier polyester to create a hard-wearing upper.
- Danner Dry: 100% waterproof barrier allows moisture to escape without letting water in, keeping your feet dry and comfortable all day long.
- Lock & Load Lacing System: Reengineered ghilles across the forefoot for a secure, yet quiet fit, and locking speed hooks for quick lacing.
- Open Cell Polyurethane Footbed: Our polyurethane footbed provides superior shock absorption with an additional layer of open cell construction for improved air circulation.
- Danner Plyolite midsole: All-new Danner midsole offering lightweight comfort and durability.
- Danner Vital Outsole: Multi-directional lugs provide grip on moss, rock and slick surfaces.
- Mesh Lined Tongue Construction: Features a mesh liner layered over a waterproof membrane on…