- 3-inch welded stainless-steel ring
- 50-foot length of 3⁄8-inch nylon anchor line
- Crab-trap float
- 3-foot section of 1⁄8-inch stainless-steel rope (aka cable)
- Zinc-plated copper duplex sleeves for 1/8-inch cable
- Stainless snap
1. Eye-splice a 3-inch welded stainless-steel ring to one end of a 50-foot length of 3⁄8-inch nylon anchor line. Thread the other end of the rope through a crab-trap float and slide the float to within 3 feet of the stainless ring.
2. Make a figure-eight knot a few inches above the float and another just below it to prevent the float from sliding up and down the rope.
3. Crimp a…