A picture is worth 1000 words…just imagine what a video is worth! Fin & Field has a well trafficked website, over 150,000 followers across social media, and partnerships with Field & Stream, Outdoor Life and more. In other words we have a lot of places to put video and a lot of people watching. You can leverage that by creating your own original video content. Check out the video below from Three Lakes Trophy Ranch:
If you want to submit a video that we can use to promote your trips, here are some ideas:
1. If you are using your cell phone, always shoot video in landscape orientation. Video viewed on computer monitors look much better in landscape than in portrait.
2. Similarly, if you are stitching together photos in a slide show they should all be in landscape orientation. Try Photosnack for making a slideshow with your photos. (http://www.photosnack.com/)
3. Overview videos are great, but you can also shoot trip reports, season updates, tips, and tricks.
4. Regardless of what you chose to shoot…shorter is better. 30 seconds to 1.5 minutes is an ideal range. You can extend that to 3 minutes if you have a lot of information to cover. Very few viewers will watch past the 3 minute mark.
5. Leave the editing to us, we can work more easily with raw video than something that already has music or graphics inserted.
6. Do several takes while you try out slightly different phrasing and even different shooting locations.
7. Speak clearly, not too fast or two slow.
8. Have fun!
Follow these tips and you will end up with a short, informative, authentic, and effective video clip that we can share out to the sporting world!
About Fin & Field
Fin & Field is all about finding your next adventure. We’re working hard to provide the most comprehensive listing of services, reviews, and far reaching community available to help you take the guesswork out of planning your next adventure.
We believe in the ethical pursuit of hunting and fishing adventures and support taking from the land only what you can use and leaving it in better shape than you found it.
Tight Lines & Happy Hunting!
Visit us at www.finandfield.com