Maybe you want to squeeze in one more trip, and that means bringing your spouse. Or maybe you just started dating someone who wants to learn how to fish. Whatever the reason, you should know that planning a couples trip can be a little different than a solo trip. Follow these tips to make your date on the water unforgettable.
Talk ahead of time about what both people are expecting in terms of:
- Fishing time – how long will you be on the water each day and will you fish every day
- Accommodations – what are the nice-to-have and need-to-have amenities
- Food – will there be fancy restaurants or… not
Skills and Abilities
Make sure everyone is up to the task at hand. That will likely mean getting familiar with the gear and maybe even practicing some casting.
Pick a family friendly guide and fishery
- Ask the guide if they are experienced with taking out beginners
- Find out how challenging the fishery is, will a beginner have a good shot at success?
- Are the conditions suitable for beginners? Will it be too hot, too cold, too rough, etc….?
Many Fin & Field guides are happy to cater a day on the water to couples and families, search our large database of guides and contact your top choices by using our booking tool or calling them directly.
About Fin & Field
#FinandField #FYNA #DreamBig2016
Fin & Field is all about finding your next adventure. We’re working hard to provide the most comprehensive listing of services, reviews, and far reaching community available to help you take the guesswork out of planning your next adventure.
We believe in the ethical pursuit of hunting and fishing adventures and support taking from the land only what you can use and leaving it in better shape than you found it.
Tight Lines & Happy Hunting!
Visit us at www.finandfield.com